Friday, December 17th, 2021, 11:37am
The Town of Nederland is hiring for a Parks Manager to help maintain and shape our parks and open spaces! This is an exciting opportunity to help shape what the parks department will become in the future. View the full job description to see if we're a good fit for you!
This position is responsible for leadership and oversight of the Town's parks, open spaces, and recreational facilities. This is a full-time, benefitted position, starts at $45,000 - $50,000 based on experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, organizing, directing, and executing the maintenance and upkeep of the Town's parks, trails, recreation facilities, and public open spaces.
- Administrative duties including grant writing and management.
- Oversees the finances for the Department.
- Programming recreational activities and special events associated with the various facilities for the diverse population of youth, adults, and seniors.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree in recreation management, public administration, or a related field. A combination of education and experience sufficient to demonstrate competency in performing the essential functions of the position will be considered.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience related to parks, recreation, or community service, as well as supervisory experience. A combination of equivalent education or training will be considered.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Commercial Driver's License (CDL) or obtain one within one (1) year of employment.
- Must be able to work rotating and various day, holiday, weekend shift cycles, and overtime.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's License.
To apply, please submit a resume AND cover letter to:
Mail: Town of Nederland, PO Box 396, Nederland, CO 80466-0396
Drop-Off: Nederland Town Hall, 45 W. 1st St, Nederland, CO 80466 (deposit into the black 'Payments' box by the front door if Town Hall is closed)
The deadline for resumes is Friday, January 7th at 5pm. Please make sure your resume arrives before then.
You can find out more about the benefits of working for town, as well as all of our current openings, on the Work for Town page.