About the Event
Town Clean Up Day is a town-driven event where residents from the Nederland area will be able to easily dispose of accumulated trash, as well as hard to recycle materials.The Town has partnered with a number of local organizations in order to make recycling easier, and push towards our zero waste goals.
The event will take place on the first Saturday of June at the Nederland Transfer Station.
The Transfer Station is north of Nederland on Ridge Rd, at 286 Ridge Rd, Nederland, CO 80466. Different stations will be set up for different kinds of disposal:
- The Boulder County Transfer Station will be accepting Appliances, Cardboard, Compost, Disposable Gloves, Fabrics, Hard Plastics, Single Stream Recycling, Styrofoam, and Tires.
- Bedder World will be accepting mattresses for recycling
- Boulder County Hazardous Materials Management will accept any approved hazardous materials. This year, they will be accepting the following: Antifreeze, oil, paint, batteries.
- I.T. Refresh will be accepting Electronics.
- A full list of accepted electronics can be found here.
- The Nederland Community Sort Yard will be Logs, Pine Cones, Pine Needles, and Slash.
- New for 2023: Due to new composting regulations, the sort yard will not be accepting bagged grass trimming or weeds.
- ReSource Central will be accepting reusable building materials (sinks, light fixtures, cabinets, etc.) and reusable furniture.
- Rocky Mountain Recycling will be accepting Scrap Metal.
- Shred It will be offering Secure Paper Shredding.
- Western Disposal will be accepting Unpainted Scrap Wood.
Most recycling is free. If you plan to utilize the dumpsters, it is a flat $20 fee per car. If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
Want to be a part of Town Clean Up Day and do your part to keep Nederland beautiful? We're looking for volunteers! Not only will you be helping your community, but you'll also get the following perks as a thank you:
- A Town of Nederland Tote Bag
- Free food
- You can dump a carload of trash for free!
If interested, please email Parks Manager Nicki Dunn at email@example.com!