Visit "Where can I get vaccinated" or call 1-877-COVAXCO (1-877-268-2926) for vaccine information.




The EcoPass is an annual transit pass for participating groups and provides unlimited usage of RTD services. In Nederland, they are available to full-time, permanent residents of the Nederland Community Library District. They are funded by your property taxes.


RTD is transitioning to the MyRide App for all passes, including EcoPasses

Starting the week of November 13th, RTD will be deactivating the older green EcoPass cards. Card holders will need to change to their new MyRide system.

If you haven't received an email from RTD or Nederland, please stop by Town Hall and we can help get you moved over to the new program!

How to Get Your EcoPass

To get your EcoPass, come to Town Hall during normal business hours with a government-issued photo ID and proof of residency, and follow these steps:

  1. Provide your photo ID and proof of residency to Town Staff
    1. Proof of residency doesn't need to be physical, it can be digital. It just needs to be shown to staff
  2. Download the RTD MyRide App on your smartphone through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
  3. Create a new account by clicking the "account" tab in the app
    1. Be sure to use the same email address that you provide to Town Staff
    2. Every individual will need their own email address to make an account
  4. Set up a barcode in the MyRide App
    1. Click MyRide on the home page
    2. Click "Get Started" in the "Your Active Tokens" section
    3. Select "With a MyRide Barcode"
    4. Name and create your MyRide Barcode
    5. When prompted to add funds, click "Add Funds Later"
  5. Town Staff will add the EcoPass to your MyRide Barcode
  6. You're good go to! Open your MyRide App and scan the barcode when riding the bus
What is an acceptable form of ID?
  • State Issued Driver’s License (does not have to be issued by Colorado, but cannot be expired)
  • State Issued ID
  • Passport
What is an acceptable Proof of Residency?
  • An official lease – Hand-written leases, month-to-month leases and letters from landlords are not accepted. 60+ days must still be on the lease
  • A current utility bill dated within 60 days
  • A credit card or bank statement dated within 60 days with your physical property address listed. A letter from your bank or other types of documentation will not be accepted

Please check to make sure the physical address is listed. A Nederland PO Box does not demonstrate proof of residency.

Please note: A driver’s license with a Nederland PO Box or physical address WILL NOT count as proof of residency.

*NOTE* From September 1st 2023 through August 31st 2024, youth 19 and under ride at no cost! To ride free, you must show one of the following to the bus operator or fare inspector:

  • Current school ID
  • Valid government-issued ID
  • Alien registration/permanent resident card
  • Military ID/dependent card with date-of-birth
  • RTD-issued youth special discount card



Do I Need to Use the Phone App?

In most cases, yes. But there are exceptions.

RTD has given the Town of Nederland a very limited amount of physical MyRide cards to use for residents that don't have phones. Due to this limited supply, these cards are currently reserved ONLY for residents that don't have access to the MyRide phone app.

In these cases, a resident will still need to set up an account on the RTD MyRide website, then come into Town Hall with their login information so we can set up the physical card on the account.

Does my EcoPass expire?

No! As long as you live in Nederland Community Library District, your card is valid.

  • If you move out of the Nederland Community Library District, you are no longer eligible to use the pass and you must return it to Town Hall.
  • If you are a renter or are otherwise living on a property you do not personally own, you must come in to Town Hall to re-demonstrate proof of residency every year. Failure to re-demonstrate proof will result in your pass being suspended until proof of residency can be provided.

Where is my EcoPass Valid?

All EcoPass holders are eligible for unlimited rides on RTD transit services, including:

  • Local Buses
  • Regional Buses
  • SkyRide service to and from DIA
  • The 'N' to Eldora Mountain Ski Resort
  • All Community Transit Network buses in Boulder, like the Hop, Skip, Jump, Bound, and Dash
  • All Light Rail and Commuter Rail
  • All Call-n-Ride services

Nederland Eco Pass Public Improvement District Advisory Committee (NEPPIDAC)


The NEPPIDAC is an independent committee that provides Boulder County Commissioners with recommendations regarding the administration of the Nederland Eco Pass Public Improvement District.

While the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) has the legal authority and responsibility to make decisions regarding the operation and finances of the District, the Committee members serve in an advisory capacity to the BOCC. The Committee acts as a communication link between the property owners and residents of the District and the BOCC. The Committee shall advise the BOCC and the Public Works Department on issues pertinent to the implementation of the public improvements serving the District.

For more information about NEPPIDAC, visit: