The Utility Billing Department is responsible for sending out and processing all utility payments for Nederland. If you have a question regarding your water bill, please let us know. You can also find information regarding billing and payment below. If you need to get a hold of us, email is the quickest way to do so.
Email - email@example.com
Phone - (303) 258-3266 ext. 4010
Payment Options and Guidelines
Late fees will be reinstated effective as of the third quarter of 2022. After this date, any late fees assessed will appear on your October 2022 bill.
Cash, Personal Check, Money Order, or Cashier's Check Payments may be received in Town Hall, and must arrive by 5pm on the specified due date to be considered timely (regardless of postmark date when mailed). Checks should be made out to Town of Nederland.
- Checks, Money Orders, and Cashier’s Checks can be remitted 24/7 into the black “Payment” Drop Box by the front door of Town Hall. It is not recommended to deposit cash into the “Payment” Drop Box.
- Cash payments should always be made during Town Hall business hours; it is not recommended that cash be deposited into the Payment Drop Box.
- If a payment due date lands on a Saturday or Sunday, any payment collected from the Payment Drop Box by 6:00am the following Monday, will be considered on time. If paying with cash, payment must be made the preceding Friday.
- On the rare occasion that Town Hall has closed before 5pm on a business day, and which is also a specified payment due date, cash payments would need to be submitted before 5pm the next business day.
Online Payments may be made with Credit or Debit Card by clicking the button below:
- At this time, the only option for credit/debit card payments is through the eBill Payment System. This system requires an initial preregistration before you can make a payment. You will need your 4-digit account number (do not leave out any leading zeros) and the system generated PIN which is tied to your account number. This PIN is printed on your bill. This payment process is facilitated by PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account) and you will incur a convenience fee (currently about 3.5% but is/can be subject to change). The fee will be calculated before finalizing your payment, which will give you the opportunity to cancel the transaction should you choose. You will only be able to view bills that are generated and uploaded to the system subsequent to your registration.
Tips on Reading Your Utility Bill
Although Residential bills are issued quarterly and Commercial bills are issued monthly, the format below is the same.
Utility bills are comprised of two types of charges; usage and base fees. Rates shown were for 2020.
- Water usage, or consumption, varies. This figure is determined by subtracting the "Previous" read from the "Current" read. Sewer usage is based on the same amount of gallons as Water usage, but at a different rate.
- Base Fees are a flat rate amount.
- The "Amount Due Now" is the amount to pay. If the amount in the "Payments" box is more or less than the amount in the "Previous Balance," that means you made an overpayment or an underpayment towards the previous bill. That overpayment or underpayment will then offset against the current charges ("Current Amount") to reflect the current balance; that is why these two amounts can sometimes be different. In the example below, a payment of $320.20 was made even though the previous balance was only $309.19; this results in an overpayment of $11.01 that will need to be deducted from the "Current Amount." This is why the "Amount Due Now" is less than the "Current Amount."
Return Check Policy
If utility payments made with a physical check or an ACH Auto-Draft have been returned by the bank (i.e., Insufficient Funds or any other reason) two times within a year of each other, no checks (personal or business) will be accepted for a one (1) year period and the customer will not be eligible to utilize/participate in the ACH Auto-Draft program for a period of one (1) year.
If a single utility payment made with a physical check or an ACH Auto-Draft has been returned by the bank on a Closed Account, no checks (personal or business) will be accepted for a one (1) year period, and the customer will not be eligible to utilize/participate in the ACH Auto-Draft program for a period of one (1) year.
Accounts with a returned payment will be assessed a $12.00 fee per the Town Fee Schedule. Additionally, any late fees that would have been incurred before the Water Billing Department receives notice of a returned payment, will be assessed retroactively.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your water bill, please contact us!
Financial & Human Services Assistance
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE, THESE ORGANIZATIONS MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.
An extensive listing of local organizations that serve area residents in numerous ways.
♦ Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP)