Thank you for your interest in working for the Town of Nederland! As a gateway to the Rocky Mountains, Nederland is a small mountain community with a fun, laid-back vibe. Our team is composed of 30 dedicated individuals who share two major beliefs - we love the mountains, and we are serious about what it means to be a public servant. As a small crew with big goals, we work together to provide services to improve the well-being of our residents, businesses, and visitors. We are passionate about meeting the modern challenges of a growing municipality, while still embodying the funky, rebellious spirit that drew thousands to Nederland in the first place.
We invite you to come work with us to help make Nederland a better place to live, work, and play!
Benefits of Working for the Town of Nederland
Holidays and Paid Time Off
In addition to 12 paid government holidays, full-time employees accrue 176 hours of PTO per year for the first five years, and 216 hours per year after that.
Insurance and Retirement Options
For full-time employees, the Town of Nederland provides partial coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as full coverage for life insurance and short- and long-term disability insurance. The Town also offers access to a 457(b) retirement plan (up to 4% employer match) and a Health Savings Account.
The Town offers a free membership to the Nederland Community Center gym to all employees.
All employees are eligible for a free EcoPass - which can be used to ride RTD in the Denver metro area, and surrounding areas.
We encourage all employees to improve themselves and grow professionally. The Town of Nederland provides a small training budget that employees may use to advance their skills.
All open positions can be found below. Check back regularly as we add new positions all the time.
The Town of Nederland is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us, and we'll happily assist you.
The Nederland Visitors Center is looking for Part-Time help for the summer season!
The Visitors Center Customer Service Representative is the first stop for many of the visitors in Town who might be looking for local information or gifts and souvenirs. This temporary, part-time position will work 10 to 15 hours a week during the summer season - from June through September.
Nature of Work
This is an entry-level position responsible for:
- Greeting, welcoming, and assisting visitors at the Town of Nederland's Visitors Center
- Providing information of interest to visitors
- Independently conducting sales
- Performing various clerical duties and other related duties as assigned
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting the public both in person and on the phone in a friendly and cheerful manner, directing the public to proper authorities or Town departments as needed, responding to public inquiries, and disseminating information to the public
- Independently conduct the sale of merchandise, providing product information, and processing payments
- Help stock, store, and display merchandise
- Track daily visitors
- Help maintain a supply of informational handouts such as trail maps, local business information, and event information
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic skills in math, money handling, and standard written/verbal business communication
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer software applications to include Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and other networked computer functions, including internet, email, and social media
- Able to work safely and to recognize and manage risk
Pay & Benefits
- This temporary position is paid $16.00/hour, working 10-15 hours per week through the months of June, July, August, and September. Anticipated schedule is 2-3 days per week in 4-6 hour shifts
- For every 30 hours worked, 1 hour of sick leave is accumulated
- Because this is a temporary position, it is non-benefitted
Click here to download the full job description
Click here to download the Town of Nederland application
To apply, please submit an application or resume to:
Mail: Town of Nederland, PO Box 396, Nederland, CO 80466-0396
Drop-Off: Nederland Town Hall, 45 W. 1st St, Nederland, CO 80466 (deposit into the black 'Payments' box by the front door if Town Hall is closed).