The mission of the Parks, Recreation & Open Space Advisory Board (PROSAB) is to maintain the Town of Nederland and Surrounding Areas Open Space, Trails, Parks and Outdoor Recreation Master Plan in conformance with the Town vision and the direction of the Town of Nederland Board of Trustees, to work to implement the Plan through its own initiative and through cooperation with and support of community organizations in coordination with town resources, to work to see that all projects that fall under the scope of the Plan conform to it and integrate harmoniously with one another and to advise the Board of Trustees and educate the public on matters concerning the Plan and its implementation.
The Parks, Recreation, & Open Space Advisory Board meets on the third Thursday of the Month. A list of upcoming PROSAB meetings can be found in the calendar below. To join a meeting, simply click the date of the meeting you wish to join, and then click the Website link to join the meeting remotely. You can also call in by using the phone number.
Parks, Recreation, & Open Space Members
Eric Coombs Esmail
PROSAB is looking for a new board member! We have one Alternate seat open, and are looking for someone passionate about the parks and open spaces in Ned to join! Interested parties should fill out the Advisory Board application below and send it to the Nederland Town Clerk. Applications can be submitted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, in person at Town Hall, or can be mailed to Nederland Town Hall, PO Box 396, Nederland, CO 80466.
Applications are due February 13th, 2023 by 5:00pm.
Meeting Agendas, Minutes, and Recordings
All current and past PROSAB agendas and minutes can be found on the Town of Nederland CivicWeb page. To access the PROSAB page, click the button below. Past PROSAB Meetings can be found on the Town of Nederland YouTube page. *NOTE* Not all PROSAB meetings are recorded.
PROSAB’s emphasis is on completing existing projects and placing the Town on a firm footing for maintaining present and future parks and recreation facilities.
- Create awareness of PROSAB programs and opportunities
- Continue to serve as a conduit for forest health information
- Planning, design, creation of all Town parks and recreational facilities and assets, paying attention to ADA compliance
- Create guidelines to standardize Town park fixtures
- Continue to serve as the primary Town conduit for communications with area entities seeking to address recreational shooting issues
- Support the Community Center and area recreational groups such as RINK and NedRec in providing recreational opportunities for local residents
- Complete management plans for all Town open space properties with assistance from state and county foresters
- Complete Trails Master Plan Update
- Continue to partner with interested organizations (such as Nederland Area Trails Organization (NATO), Wildland Restoration Volunteers (WRV), The Boulder Watershed Collective, and the City of Boulder) to address trail maintenance needs
- Continue to engage with Boulder County and the United States Forest Service (USFS) in planning area trails
- Seek designation as Continental Divide Trail Gateway Community