Visit "Where can I get vaccinated" or call 1-877-COVAXCO (1-877-268-2926) for vaccine information.


Construction & Demolition Debris Recycling Deposit Program


What is the Construction & Demolition (C&D) Debris Recycling Deposit Program?

The C&D Debris Recycling Deposit Program is an incentive program encouraging Nederland builders to recycle on-site debris and divert it from local landfills. Deposits are based on project type and square footage. A portion of the deposit is refundable based on the project's documented diversion rate.

Why is the C&D Program Important?

Nederland's 2020 Vision Statement says that we are all stewards of the environment and encourages thoughtful and meaningful ways to reduce our impact. Nederland wants to encourage responsible construction and demolition practices and reduce waste in the landfill.


Which Projects Require C&D Deposits?

All eligible commercial and residential projects requiring a building permit will be required to submit a deposit. Eligible projects include:

  • Alteration/remodel
  • New construction and demolition

Which Projects are Exempt?

  • Pre-fabricated enclosures or structures with no foundation or structural modifications
  • Projects requiring only mechanical, electrical, plumbing, or HVAC permits

What is the Process?

Download and complete the Sustainable Deconstruction Plan and submit it to the Planning & Building Department. If you have questions, schedule a meeting with Public Works to secure an on-site visit prior to hauling any materials.
(Phone: 352-617-8861 / Email:



  • Acceptable materials can be brought to the Boulder County Transfer Station on Ridge Road or hauled to Boulder.
  • Resource Central in Boulder can assist with recycling information site assessments.
  • Hire an independent Hauler for recycling.

  • Brick and stone
  • Mattresses
  • Ceiling tiles
  • Concrete debris (clean) and concrete washout
  • Metals (aluminum, copper, tin, and steel)
  • Clean unpainted wood material including pallets
  • Brush and tree debris
  • Millwork, fixtures, and other items may be donated for re-use
  • Electronics and hard to recycle items

Materials for re-use can be donated to Eco-Cycle Resources in Boulder. Recycled material must be free of food waste and/or hazardous materials.

  • Clean construction and demolition wood and scraps (not painted).
  • Scrap metal.
  • Any recycling offered at the Boulder County Transfer Station (the green boxes). Nederland can weight this material for you prior to drop off to be calculated as part of your diversion report.

Contractors and Property Owners may use any haulers they choose. The Town of Nederland will provide a list of local haulers.

  • Deposits are calculated at $0.25 per square foot of the project. Deposits are collected at permit issuance.
  • Contractors or property owners are responsible for keeping and submitting documentation.
  • Any deposits that are not submitted for reimbursement in addition to the non-refundable fee portion will be retained to administer this and other Zero Waste efforts by the Town.
  • Save your weight tickets to calculate diversion rate.

30% of the deposit is non-refundable. Of the remaining 70%, refunds are calculated based on the percent of waste diverted from the landfills (diversion percentage).

Ensure you have complied with all C&D Deposit Program requirements. Complete and provide the following information no later than 60 days after receiving your certificate of occupancy. After that date the full deposit becomes non-refundable.

  • Complete Construction & Demolition Waste Diversion Tracking Form.
  • C&D Deposit Request and Waste Diversion Request.

Refunds will be mailed within 60 days of receiving the Refund Request Form.