Friday, August 11th 2023, 4:37pm (Updated Monday, August 14th 2023, 10:45am)
The paving company that Town has contracted with for this paving project has expanded the scope of work to include multiple projects during this week.
During the new schedule, Holland Hurst will be working on four projects during this time, including the Visitor Center Parking Lot, Lakeview Drive, the driveway between Crosscut and the Pedestrian Bridge, and the remainder of Big Springs Drive.
Tentative Time Frame:
Monday, August 14th
- Visitor Center Lot will be closed off in the evening
Tuesday, August 15th
- Lakeview Dr will be closed off at Conger St and Bridge St
- Driveway by the Pedestrian Bridge will be closed off
- Visitor Center Lot and Lakeview Dr will be milled
- Visitor Center Lot will be paved, including an overlay to the area of W 1st St where the electrical power lines are buried
- Bridge area pavement will be removed, repaved, and extended
Wednesday, August 16th
- Bridge area W 1st St will be accessible again
- Visitor Center Lot pavement will be complete and stripping will begin
- Lakeview Dr overlay will begin
Thursday, August 17th
- Visitor Center Lot and Lakeview Dr will be accessible again
- Big Springs Dr will be closed down to one lane
- Big Springs Dr paving will begin
Friday, August 18th
- Big Springs Dr paving will be finalized
An interactive map of the closures and parking areas can be found here.
The Visitor Center Parking Lot (located on w 1st St) will be closed next week for repaving. It's expected that the parking will close during the evening on Monday the 14th, with paving operations to start Tuesday the 15th. We're expecting work to finish up late Wednesday/Thursday morning.
During this time, we're asking those that would normally park in this lot to utilize the Park n' Ride and the public parking behind the Presbyterian Church on W 3rd St., as well as the public parking along E 1st St.