Thursday, April 14th, 2022, 12:27pm
The Town of Nederland is seeking applications for the following boards and commissions:
- Board of Zoning Adjustment - 2 board positions; 1 alternate position available
- The Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA) is an appointed board which reviews zoning variance requests. Board members must be residents of the Town of Nederland and serve for a 5-year term. The term of an alternate is 2 years.
- Nederland Downtown Development Authority - 2 board positions available
- The Nederland Downtown Development Authority (NDDA) seeks two members to join the Board. The goal of the NDDA is to promote economic development and infrastructure improvements in the NDDA downtown district. Applicants must be either a property owner or a business lessee operating within the Downtown Development district. Board members serve four-year terms.
- Parks, Recreation, & Open Space Advisory Board - 3 board positions available
- The Parks, Recreation, & Open Space Advisory Board (PROSAB) is an appointed board whose mission is to maintain the Town of Nederland and Surrounding Areas Open Space, Trails, Parks, and Outdoor Recreation Master Plan with the conformance with the Town vision and the direction of the Board of Trustees. Three members shall be residents of the Town of Nederland, and three members may be residents of the Nederland area at-large. One Alternate may be appointed by the Mayor with approval of the Board of Trustees. Board members serve three-year terms.
- Planning Commission - 4 board positions available
- The Planning Commission (PC) is an appointed board which reviews developments and land use code specific to the PC's purview in Land Use and Zoning. Board members must be legal residents of the Town of Nederland and serve for a four-year term.
- Sustainability Advisory Board - 2 board positions available
- The Sustainability Advisory Board (SAB) is an appointed board that advises the Board of Trustees on issues of sustainability, conservation, and renewable energy in Town facilities and operations. SAB members serve for three-year terms.
Applications are due by Wednesday, May 25th, 2022.
More information and applications can be found on the Apply for a Board Vacancy page.